7 Tips To Make Picking Out New Paint Colors As Simple As 1-2-3
Picking out new paint colors can sometimes feel like a daunting task. Will this look good on the whole wall? What color matches my furniture the best? These are just some of the questions that arise when choosing the perfect color. Take a look at some tips below to make picking out new paint colors as simple as 1-2-3.
1 Always test out your color choices in the exact space you intend on painting. Different light shows the color in different ways. For example, if you have a room with LED light bulbs and a room with soft lighting, the color is going to look different. Make sure you paint your sample in the correct lighting.
2. Never decide on a paint color after just looking at a swatch in the paint store. Make sure you purchase a sample and paint a decent size area on the wall to make sure you like it. Nine times out of ten the color will look different on the wall compared to the swatch.
3. Leave the samples up until you are comfortable with the way the color looks at different times of the day and in different weather conditions.
4. It is important to note that beiges have undertones. The undertones of beige include: yellow, green, orange and pink. Pay attention to these undertones, as it will help you when pairing it with carpet or flooring.
5. “Greige” is the it color right now for many homeowners. This color tends to go nicely in almost any room. This color is a mix between gray and beige and can have blue, green or purple undertones.
6. Keeping the undertones of all of your neutrals in the same color palette will help relay a constant theme and tie together all of the rooms in your home.
7. Figuring out the undertones of all your other fixtures such as: carpets, countertops, flooring and tile will also help when deciding on paint colors.